Hi

Sorry if it's obvious, but I don't know your skill level (system
administration wise). On one terminal ssh to the virtual box vm, start the
repl and run jetty as above. On a different terminal ssh to the same
virtual box vm and run:

curl -v http://localhost:8080/

What do you get?

Haim

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 4:45 AM, Daniel Higginbotham <nonrecurs...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> I'm trying to start a jetty server on a virtualbox vm (ubuntu 12.04 32
> bit) by running the following:
>
> (run-jetty #'app {:port (Integer. (get (System/getenv) "PORT" 8080))
> :join? false})
>
> However, I can't connect to the server. If I run "netstat -lp" the java
> process doesn't show up and it looks as if nothing's listening on 8080.
>  However, if I run the above run-jetty function again in a separate process
> I get the error message that another process is already bound to 8080.
>
> The weirdest part of all this is that the very first time I tried starting
> the server, it did start and I was actually able to reach it, but it only
> worked that one time. Has anyone run into this? Is there any way to debug
> the problem?
>
> Thanks!
> Daniel

Haim