On 7/31/13 4:18 AM, Alex Fowler wrote:
> I have an application which is built fine with uberjar with an exception of
> two things which do not get incuded:
> 1) Additonal jar files (about 150Mb) from various Java libraries that are
> not present on Clojars and that I have no power of will or time of trying
> to upload them there. This folder is speciiified with :resource-paths in
> project.clj....
> 2) About 150Mb of resources such as pictures and video-files which are
> loaded by these java libraries using *their own methods* which I cannot
> change.
>
> What lein uberjar does - it skips these files and simply creates an
> incomplete jar with my compiled sources, which does not launch because it
> is missing those files. However, "lein run" works just fine!
>
> My question is: how do I make a single jar with lein that, being run with
> "java -jar" exposes the same behavior as simply "lein run"?
>
> PS: As an idea: when I was programming in Scala, I was using
> "com.jdotsoft.jarloader.JarClassLoader" which was the entry point in my app
> and I could simply put all files into the jar and it would search them in
> that order:
> 1) recursively inside the jar
> 2) in the same folder as the jar (which would allow simple externalizing of
> files like settings files if needed to be exposed to users).
> 3) in system path folders...
> Maybe there is a way to use that magical JarClassLoader with
> Leiningen/Clojure?

clojars is just a maven repo, and a simple maven repo is just a http server.

you can setup your own "private maven repo" easily by copying the
directory structure of your ~/.m2 to an http server somewhere.

for something more full featured you can setup something like apache
archiva (which is what I use at work) http://archiva.apache.org/index.cgi

once you have a private maven repo you can deploy whatever you want to
it, and use whatever you deploy has a dependency as normal

--
And what is good, Phaedrus,
And what is not good—