Just FYI (and you probably already know this David), most of the
clojure.lang.RT class is considered an implementation detail and is
subject to change without notice. I believe 1.6 will bring a new API
that is intended to provide a supported way to embed Clojure into
JVM-based applications.

Based on posts I've seen on the mailing lists from Clojure/core folks,
I've restricted my use to just RT.var() and I load source files like
this:

RT.var( "clojure.core", "load" ).invoke( filepath );

RT.var( "my.namespace", "my-fun" ).invoke( 1, 2, 3 ); //
(my.namespace/my-fun 1 2 3)

RT.var( "my.namespace", "my-var" ).deref(); // access
my.namespace/my-var directly
// same as (deref #'my.namespace/my-var)

I haven't pushed too much at the boundaries of classloaders tho' so
there may well be dragons there, but the above works for me for
embedding Clojure in an existing JVM-based web application.

Sean

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM, David Pollak
<feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I have an application where I need multiple independent Clojure contexts
> running in the same JVM.
>
> I've played around with a custom classloader, but when I try to eval code
> (calling RT.eval.invoke via reflection), I wind up with:
>
> java.lang.ClassCastException: clojure.core$eval1 cannot be cast to
> clojure.lang.IFn
>

> It seems that someplace the clojure.lang.IFn interface is being loaded
> around my classloader.
>
> Can someone point me to a way to run multiple Clojure contexts in the same
> JVM?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David
>
> PS -- Interestingly, invoking RT.loadResourceScript via reflection works
> just fine... so my current workaround is to do that... but it's less than
> optimal.
>
> --
> Telegram, Simply Beautiful CMS https://telegr.am
> Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp