Hi everyone,

I am trying to serialise a record with edn. I think I am using all the good practices but I get a weird error...I am using these simple functions:

(defn data->string
"Writes the object b on a file f on disk as a string."
[b f]
(io!
(with-open [w (clojure.java.io/writer f)]
  (binding [*print-dup* true
            *out* w]  (prn b)))))

(defn string->data
"Read the file f back on memory safely. Contents of f should be a clojure data-structure."
[f]
(io!
 (edn/read-string (slurp f))))

and I am getting this error:
*
**RuntimeException No dispatch macro for: = clojure.lang.Util.runtimeException (Util.java:219)*

Out of curiosity I tried something simpler like this:

Clondie24.games.chess=> (defrecord FOO [a b c])
Clondie24.games.chess.FOO
Clondie24.games.chess=> (ut/data->string (FOO. :a :b :C) "FOO")
nil
Clondie24.games.chess=> (ut/string->data "FOO")

RuntimeException No reader function for tag Clondie24.games.chess.FOO clojure.lang.EdnReader$TaggedReader.readTagged (EdnReader.java:739)

What I am I missing? any suggestions?

Jim

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Clojure" group.