Hello all.

Please help me to read and write bytes via Socket.

For example, assumed that I want to send 5 bytes [0x00, 0x01, 0x7f, 0x80,
0xff] to a TCP server.

I did:
(require '[clojure.java.io :refer :all])
(with-open [s (java.net.Socket. "*ip.of.test.server*" *port_of_test_server*
)]
  (let [^java.io.BufferedWriter wtr (writer s)
        ^chars obuf (char-array (map char [0 1 127 128 255]))]
    (.write wtr obuf 0 5)
    (.flush wtr))))

Then, my test server received bytes: [0x00, 0x01, 0x7f, 0xc2, 0x80, 0xc3,
0xbf].

* I think I should use a char array so that read() requires 'char[]'.
* What is the valid char value to send a byte 0x80?
* How can I make the char value from 0x80 int?
* How are things about read.
* Does character encoding environment affect? (I use -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8)

Thank you in advance.

Yoshinori Kohyama