> I assume that making a makro out of *define-all-properties* is not the way
> to go, because it depends on the reading of a file, which should not yet
> be
> done at compile time (this may be a false assumption;...).
>
> Seems to me this is the key to how you'd construct your program. The csv
file could be an artifact of your build, in which case it's got to be read
at compile time and it's then when you make a top-level call to
(define--all-properties) allowing you to compile (stop?), etc. If the file
is input to your program, all this must be done at runtime: reading the
file, calling (define-all-properties) and then loading any other code that
depends on that, in effect making your program extensible.