On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM, Mikera <mike.r.anderson...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I remember the debates :-) and I don't think there was anything like a
> consensus that "don't do that" is the right answer.

I didn't say there was consensus or that it was right :)

> I'm not against giving the user control. I just think the default behaviour
> should be super-friendly and not spit out warnings.

I don't think it's at all "friendly" to have standard functions
_silently_ replaced by some library I included. I want to know about
the collisions and I want to be able to control how those collisions
are resolved. Or I can explicitly decide to ignore the warnings. But
the warnings _should_ happen.
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."