This is an interesting thread. I think, though, it repeats what is a
misconception about GPL -- that you cannot produce GPL code using
Clojure. This isn't true, as far as I can see -- you can write GPL code
using any language, because it doesn't usage restrictions in GPL do not
percolate through a "standard interface".

So, for instance, my own library is covered by LGPL; it is possible to
link this to GPL code without problems.

Historically, the first GPL products (Emacs for example) were built
using on non GPL platforms; it is the same issue.