Thanks.

In my case, I started with code something like

(defn load-exp [myseq]
  (kdb/transaction body))

where body has references to myseq. Christophe's patch of jdbc/transaction
works. I can also work around it like

(defn load-exp [& args]
  (apply (^:once fn [myseq] (kdb/transaction body))
             args))

at which point I start wondering if it makes sense to apply ^:once to
load-exp, but I don't really understand it.