You can actually solve this problem quite directly. I just looked up my
python solution and it's just "print 9*16*5*7*11*13*17*19".

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 11:22 AM, David Chambers <david.chambers...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Last night I attempted Project Euler #5<http://projecteuler.net/problem=5>in
> Clojure. The problem is as follows:
>
> > # Smallest multiple
> >
> > 2520 is the smallest number that can be divided by each of the numbers
> > from 1 to 10 without any remainder.
> >
> > What is the smallest positive number that is evenly divisible by all of
> the
> > numbers from 1 to 20?
>
> Here's my solution:
>
>     (defn divisible?
>       [numer denom]
>       (= 0 (mod numer denom)))
>
>     (defn smallest-multiple
>       "Find the smallest positive number that is evenly divisible by all
>       of the numbers from 1 to n."
>       [n]
>       (let [s (range 1 (inc n))]
>         (first (filter (fn [x] (every? (partial divisible? x) s))
>                        (rest (range))))))
>
> This gives the expected answer for *n* of 10, but takes a long time to
> solve *n* of 20. I'd like to understand what make this code slow. Am I
> doing something inefficiently? What steps might I take to rework this
> code to have it solve *n* of 20 within a minute?
>
> ---
>
> p.s. I'm new to Clojure. Don't hesitate to mention applicable Clojure
> idioms of which I may not be aware.

Ben Wolfson
"Human kind has used its intelligence to vary the flavour of drinks, which
may be sweet, aromatic, fermented or spirit-based. ... Family and social
life also offer numerous other occasions to consume drinks for pleasure."
[Larousse, "Drink" entry]