Thanks for checking, Alexander.  I have created ticket CLJ-1277 with a
patch that improves the performance of the case you found, as well as for
java.sql.Timestamp printing that also had reflection in it nearly identical
to what you found.

    http://dev.clojure.org/jira/browse/CLJ-1277

Feel free to create an account on JIRA and vote for it, if you want to help
draw attention to it:

    http://dev.clojure.org/jira/secure/Signup!default.jspa

You can also click the "Watch" link (after logging in) if you want to be
emailed of updates to the ticket's status.  I can make no promises on when
or if that might happen.

Andy