A few months ago, Stuart Sierra blogged about the workflow he follows for
building Clojure applications.

"One of the great pleasures of working with a dynamic language is being
able to build a system while simultaneously interacting with it. "
-- http://thinkrelevance.com/blog/2013/06/04/clojure-workflow-reloaded

Since then I've been using this workflow for my own projects, and found it
to be amazingly effective.

I've added some extra features, and the result is Jig, which builds on
Stuart's work in the following ways :-

   - Multiple components can each contribute to the 'system' map
   - Components are started in dependency order
   - Components are specified and configured in a config (edn) file
   - Jig can host 'plain old' Leiningen projects - Jig will even 'reload'
   them too e.g. if their project.clj dependencies change.
   - Jig can host multiple projects simultaneously

There's a small but growing list of optional re-usable components that
provide extra functionality :-

   - Pedestal services support. Jig provides the system map and 'url-for'
   function in the service context.
   - Nginx cache purging on reload
   - Git pull prior reload
   - Reload via JMX
   - nREPL
   - Stencil cache purging
   - Firefox remote control support for 'browser refresh on reload'

I know others are working on similar designs. I'd be interested to hear
what people think and whether this is useful.

Thanks,

Malcolm

PS: Jig can be found here: https://github.com/juxt/jig