No you're not managing your libraries quite right...If you want to use "use", which is generally frowned upon, then you don't need the alias.

 (use '[clojure.core.matrix])

I would suggest to use 'require' instead though, which takes an alias

(require '(clojure.core.matrix :as mat))
(require '(incanter core charts pdf :as stat))

now in your code whenever you want use a function from core.matrix you use the alias => (mat/esum .. ... ... ..)
the same for incanter. Use the alias and the function name.

hope that helps,
Jim