Hi Julius,

Clojure is (always) under dev. The issue and commit pipeline is bursty due
to the process followed by contributors
(http://dev.clojure.org/display/community/JIRA+workflow, more links
here: http://dev.clojure.org/display/community/Contributing). Tickets pool
in the Screened list and periodically Rich Hickey reviews and ok's them in
batches. In general, Rich values quality (of patches and Clojure in
general) and stability much higher than quantity of patches. Most tickets
go through 2 rounds of triage (screener and Rich) and 2+ rounds of review
(screener, Rich, sometimes Stu, sometimes multiple rounds) before being
committed.

The choice of which tickets move through the process into development is
largely initiated by me at the moment (as I'm the only one actively
triaging tickets recently). That process is unscientific but I am more
likely to triage defects over enhancements, problems seen in real apps over
corner cases, more votes/watches over less
(report<http://jafingerhut.github.io/clj-ticket-status/CLJ-top-tickets-by-weighted-vote.html>),

and focus areas (error msgs, performance) over non-focus, etc.

Clojure 1.6 is in the final stages right now with a push toward an expected
release probably in December timeframe. A road map for 1.6 and things that
were pushed out of 1.6 can be found
at http://dev.clojure.org/display/design/Release.Next+Planning. Sometime in
the next month or two that list will be updated for the next release (and
possibly one beyond).

I was hired by Cognitect to provide an active, continuous level of
attention to this and other areas of Clojure development (docs, events,
etc). For various reasons, I have actually been on client work 60-80% of
the time but that is now ramping down so I can spend a greater percentage
of my time solely on Clojure.

Happy to answer any other questions about the current state of things.

Alex Miller
alex.mil...@cognitect.com