For another option, the http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/ was good
enough for me in getting familiar enough with Java for Clojure. (you don't
need most of the stuff there and depending on your experience you can get
through the important parts in a week).

Of course, I come from C and Ruby so this recommendation may be biased, C
syntax makes Java look familiar, and Ruby OOP is useful for Java.