Hello, all,

I'm a Clojure noob (half way through Stu Halloway's book), who's just
joined this group today. Sorry about my first post being a recruitment
spam. Seeing that there aren't that many yet, I hope nobody minds. For the
right kind of people (talented, pragmatic and not averse to full-time
pairing), this is a great gig.

I'm hoping to contribute to this community in some more meaningful ways in
the near future :)

Please reply to me off list. A link to your Github profile counts for much
more than a stellar resume. Doesn't have to be in Clojure.

--Alex Verkhovsky

------

Outpace Systems, Inc is hiring!

   -

   Polyglot lifestyle ~ currently Clojure,Ruby, CoffeeScript
   -

   100% pairing using remote tools
   -

   Very competitive pay
   -

   Work from anywhere in the US
   -

   Very agile - fast, flexible teams with world class business architects
   and programmers

We are an early stage SW product company doing its first client engagement.
The company was founded in February, and has been profitable since early
May. The domain is enterprise software, but with a few twists that we think
are real game-changers. We are only hiring master programmers and very
strong journeymen. We pay extremely competitively, work in cool
technologies, and have already hired a great team that we are looking to
expand.

We are committed to a polyglot lifestyle and an emphasis on truly fast
flexible teams. The only guiding principles on the developer side are near
100% pair programming, strong focus on testing, and continuous integration.
We are currently using primarily Clojure, Ruby, and CoffeeScript - but we
hire strong programmers no matter what language they are currently fluent
in.

Geographically, we are only hiring in the US time zones for the time being
- it's just too hard to pair across a lot of  time zones. Our primary
working environment is a Macbook pro, two thunderbolt monitors on your
desktop at home using screensharing to do remote pairing.

We are minimizing travel and relocation so that we can hire the best people
anywhere on the continent. If we have the necessity and opportunity to
travel, we let people decide for themselves whether they want to be
involved. If you don’t want to travel at all, we still want to talk to you.

The company is on track to make $6 million in revenue this year, with
expectations of over $15 million next year, and we need the best
programmers we can get to make that happen. Two of the founders are ex
McKinsey & Company, including an ex senior partner who started doing Agile
in 1992 (winning the ComputerWorld Best Business application of IT award)
with an approach called "Do it fix it rapid prototyping".

Let us know if you are interested!