Hi,

I’m missing something. And it’s annoying me.

Let’s say I’m working on three or four projects and there’s some code that
really should be developed as a library and used by each of the projects. A
similar thing happens if I fork a library from github. I don’t want to make any
of this code public so clojars is not an option. It’s clear enough that the
solution to this will involve a local maven repository somehow.

Now, I don’t know maven. I like it that way. I *do* *not* want to know maven.
It’s so low on my priority list that reviewing the new C++ standard is higher.
Basically it’ll never get to the top of the list.

Furthermore I think requiring someone to know maven to do any non-trivial
Clojure development is a bad plan. This is surely one of the founding goals of
Leiningen.

I’ve found some documentation and blog posts that, as soon as they get
interesting, pretty much all end up assuming you know maven. I’ve found
lein-localrepo plugin, which is was hopeful until you read it’s docs and see
that it describes itself in maven terminology (why do I care what the maven
coordinates of a file are? *WHY* do I have to know? Is this about Clojure or
Java jar files? Are they different?)

Lein install makes a jar file and a pom file. So what? Is there something you
do with these? There must be. But since I don’t know maven I’ve not got a clue
what that might be.

What I’d like to do is type something no more complex than “lein local-install”
and be done with it. I do not care if every developer on my team has to execute
that command. I don’t care about sharing. I don’t care about naming. I just
want to work on my library, install it, and use it in my other four projects.

Running “cp -r” will do it, but it’s a bit crude.

Thanks,
Bob