One thing you might find very helpful is Chas Emerick's
http://clojureatlas.com which lets you search on concepts (such as
maps) and see a cloud of all the related functions. It's a great way
to explore how various functions are related to each other and to
various data types.

You can use it for free but I expect Chas appreciates anyone who buys
access to it - it's very reasonably priced (I bought my access back
when it cost $40 and I've certainly got that value and more out of
it!).

Sean

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 5:58 AM, John Kida <jdk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So i am very new to Clojure and I am wondering if there are any good
> techniques to finding available methods that will take a particular value. I
> understand this is probably very hard to do or even impossible being Clojure
> is a dynamic language and a lisp but for example.
>
> Lets say i have a simple map data structure. Being new to Clojure i just
> start fiddling with the REPL, and try:
> (keys my-hmap)
> cool, got the keys from my map back.
>
> Now how about values
> (values my-hmap)
>
> nope. wrong method name..  I was able to quickly find it in the Clojure Data
> Structures documentation, where it had a few method names for examining a
> Map, and linked me to the Clojure Core API, is this something I should
> probably go through start to finish, so I have a good idea of what is
> available.
>
> Or is there some technique I can use in the repl to tell me what methods are
> available to work with this particular datastructure.. that sounds not
> possible due to the dynamic lisp nature of clojure, but I wanted to ask the
> community to see if there were some good strategies to learning and finding
> available methods to work with a particular value.

Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."