I recently got started with Heroku and Clojure. They provide an optional
SQL database for handling data, but it is not enabled by default. I'm
wondering how much sense it makes to use SQL on a Clojure environment, vs
just using sequence types within the language to store data and backing
them up as writes out to a file, then reading them back in when necessary?
I suppose for very large data stores, this is not ideal as you'd have a lot
of data in memory.

I'm coming from a PHP/MySQL background and am quite new to Clojure so I
don't want to shoot myself in the foot by quickly adopting old habits
rather than embracing more idiomatic approaches. Any advice, or anyone
actively using data in the cloud with Clojure care to comment?