I would recommend the newly available through official Pi channels, oracle-java7-jdk...It is a full distribution of JIT'ed Java (including Swing) with hardware-floating point arithmetic. I think the jdk8-ea (early access) is a tiny bit faster but not complete (no Swing). I think openJDK has not JIT.

Jim