It is definitely one goal of tools.analyzer/emitter to provide better error
messages/info, tools.analyzer already provides some more analysis time
checkes than Compiler.java and every exception thrown contins in its
ex-data useful info.

There's still plently of room for improvements on this side and right now
development is focused on fixing bugs/implementing features rather than
focusing on error messages but if you have specific error messages you'd
like to see improved open a ticket or write it here and I'll try to improve
it.

Nicola