With apologies for 3 questions in 1 day:

(def a {:foo {:cat 20
              :dog 30}
        :bar "hi"})

(let [{{cat :cat
        dog :dog} :foo
        bar :bar} a]
  [cat dog bar])

(leth [{:foo {:cat cat
              :dog dog}
        :bar bar} a]
      [cat dog bar])

I don't understand the reason why existing let key destructuring is
"backwards"

To me, it seems the fictional leth example is much "simpler" -- the mental
model is just "do pattern matching"

The current let example seems to be: "okay, um, so for "cat", you look at
:cat, then you look at :foo", then you think (:cat (:foo a)) -- which seems
much more work and error prone.

Question:

Where can I read up on the rationale behind the current design of map
destructuring in let?

Thanks!