The JVM hasn't been receiving the love it deserves lately! Fortunately,
percent memory usage isn't going to have any effect on battery life until
you hit swap. The resources you should consider are just activity on the
cpu/gpu/disk.

So yeah, it's light table. It's not its fault for being released ~2014.