Staurt, Phillip:

Correct me if I'm wrong, the main idea recommended is:

(1) don't try to do it via (:require ...) inside of (ns ... )
(2) define a function, which calls (require ... ) [i.e. the function,
outside of (ns ... )]

Thus, the end solution ends up being:

magic.cljx

(defn load-standard-requires []
  (require ... )
  (require ... ))

foo.cljx:

(ns foo ... )

(magic/load-standard-requires)

bar.cljx:

(ns bar .. )

(magic/load-standard-requires)

Can either of you confirm this is the main plan of attack you have
suggested? (It seems reasonable, but I want to make sure I understand what
you're recommending.)