Ah, what good timing!

David Pollak's project Plugh does this, essentially as an implementation
detail. I spent some time with him today discussing this, as I want to use
exactly this functionality in a project I'm building.

The plan is for me to create a standalone project, based on the kernel of
David's code, and enhance it to address a number of issues that he identified
as needing work before the project could be used in production code, and then -
hopefully - people will use it and provide additional integrations (such as
core.async over a message hub to provide server-to-server operation, or
core.async between browser client and server using more transmission methods
than just web sockets).

David's code addresses naming using a registry of channels, identified by
GUIDs, on both sides. The web socket reconnection issue is one of the specific
enhancements he identified that I plan to figure out and address. There are
several others (including actually "GC'ing" closed channels on the other side
of the address space divide).

Sean