Well that isn't quite what I meant.  In that case you are just casting what
is likely the map of upload data to a string.

Try this:

(defn handle-upload [filename]
   (str filename))

Why?  This will show you what type of data you receiving on upload.  My
guess is that it is a map containing all the data about the file upload.

Following this:
http://www.luminusweb.net/docs/static_resources.md#handling_file_uploads should
help.

In short: you still don't have the right kind of data going into your
function.  Change your handle-upload to the above and verify that you are
getting the filename alone in your (let [filename (...)] ...) binding.

Hope that helps.