What's the performance of this code like? I'd be interested in seeing how
performance on Clojure data structures compares. In my experiments with
reference counting and highly polymorphic code, getting much faster than
languages like Python was quite hard. Without a more dedicated optimizer
that understands Clojure code, I'm not sure how fast it can be.

Secondly, how does j2objc get around reference counting and atomic updates.
Articles such as this :
http://hacksoflife.blogspot.com/2009/07/cas-and-reference-counting-dont-mix.htmlbasically
suggest that attempting  lock free references (like atoms) with
reference counting is not exactly easy. I'm interested in how j2objc solves
this as well.

Timothy

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 5:17 PM, Gal Dolber <g...@dolber.com> wrote:

> Hey, you cannot subclass from clojure at the moment. But I its not
> necessary..
> Just create a UIView, add subviews, properties and listeners. And if you
> need a UIViewController to pass around, create one and set the view with
> setView:
>
> I have a small ui framework, but its not ready to open source.
> Its amazing what you can do with AutoLayouts when you have full access to
> them, I haven't miss Storyboards..
> I'll try to get this ready and post an example.
>
> On the other side, I was really curious to see what people would come out
> with to do UI with no subclassing.. I came out with one solution, but I'm
> sure its not the only one.
>

> On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 8:31 PM, PublicFarley <publicfar...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I'm utterly shocked by the lack of posts and questions about this very
>> cool variation of the Clojure compiler. Think people.... Develop iOS apps
>> in Clojure! Awesome and fun. I suggest that the author and his team try to
>> see if you can present at ClojureWest. Need to get the word out.
>>
>> Anyway, quick question to the OP. Can you post an example where you
>> subclass UIViewController and throw up a simple UIView with say a button
>> and delegate method that gets called on button click. Would love to see
>> where and how you do your 'release' calls as well.
>>
>> I think a simple example like above would give people some understanding
>> on how to really start digging in to clojure-objc.
>>
>> - PublicFarley
>>

>> On Friday, January 24, 2014 1:37:01 AM UTC-5, Gal Dolber wrote:
>>>
>>> clojure-objc is a clojure compiler that generates java(instead of
>>> bytecode) and uses j2objc(https://code.google.com/p/j2objc/) to
>>> translate it to objc.
>>>
>>> Goals
>>>  * Write iOS and MacOS apps in clojure
>>>  * Future proof: new features on clojure should be easy to add
>>>  * Distribute clojure-objc libs using maven
>>>  * Pure clojure libs should 'just work' (if they only use the jre emulated
>>> classes)
>>>  * ObjC dynamic interop
>>>  * Run tests in the jvm (with no ObjC interop)
>>>
>>> For more information:
>>> https://github.com/galdolber/clojure-objc
>>>
>>> Lein plugin:
>>> https://github.com/galdolber/lein-objcbuild
>>>
>>> Sample project:
>>> https://github.com/galdolber/clojure-objc-sample
>>>
>>  --
>> --
>> ---
>> "Clojure" group.
>>

>  --

"One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that-lacking
zero-they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C
programs."
(Robert Firth)