Maybe another way to put it is that what is, uh, "broken" isn't 'map' or
'seq', but '=', which is willing to tell you that two things (sets) are the
same when they're not!  We also have the non-broken predicate 'identical?',
however, that gets it right.  It's nice to also have a set-equal predicate,
which ignores differences in how sets are stored, and ... that's what '='
is!  However, if we interpret '=' as implying that when the same function
is applied to things that are "equal" in its sense, then we are making a
mistake: '=' doesn't mean that.  According to this reasoning, nothing here
is broken, even from an extra-linguistic perspective.  '=' just shouldn't
be misunderstood.  (In a language with different design and style goals, it
might been preferable to define "=" to mean what Clojure means by
'identical?', and use something else--perhaps "equivalent?"--for a
predicate analogous to Clojure's '='.)