I'm not inferring it doesn't work at all as obviously over the years some
of these libs have worked for someone. However these libs are not working
for me with Mandrill which has worked seamlessly for email delivery in
other langs. I checked the API logs on Mandrill and it appears in the last
100 succeeded API calls, not a failed API call.  Yet in the API log full
response it says "Status: invalid"

I don't think the Mandrill acct is the problem as I'm using it to deliver
email invoices and receipts in another language. Its likely something
missing in the email body perhaps. Here's my code to send email with
Postal, perhaps there is something wrong or missing in the syntax:

(ns myapp.routes.members
  (:use   compojure.core
            [clojure.string :only (join split)])
  (:require [myapp.views.layout :as layout]
            [noir.session :as session]
            [noir.response :as resp]
            [noir.io :refer [upload-file resource-path]]
            [noir.validation :as vali]
            [noir.util.crypt :as crypt]
            [ring.util.response :refer [file-response]]
            [ring.middleware [multipart-params :as mp]]
            [myapp.models.members :as memberdb]
            [clojure.java.jdbc :as jdbc]
            [clojure.java.io :as io]
            [myapp.models.schema :as schema]
            [clj-time.core :as time]
            [clj-time.coerce :as tc]
            [postal.core :as postal]
            [myapp.util
            :refer [galleries img-path]])
  (:import [java.io File FileInputStream FileOutputStream]
                javax.imageio.ImageIO))

(postal/send-message
     ^{:host "smtp.mandrillapp.com"
       :user "testg4521@****.com"
       :pass "rssvZq9llJ7pjkjkj8989hjhj"
       :port 587}
      {:from "testg4...@gmail.com"
       :to "testg4...@gmail.com"
       :subject "Hi from Scrappy Doo"
       :body "How are you Uncle Scooby?"})

Maybe there's a conflict with my libs? I changed the email and api key as
its for a client.

And here is the info in the Mandrill log file, its not in the fail section
yet it doesn't get delivered. I have another option with a clojure lib for
Postmark which I'll try out in the next couple hours.

{
    "from_email": null,
    "ip_pool": null,
    "raw_message": "Received: from 192.163.1.145 (unknown
[69.106.86.42])\n\t(Authenticated sender:
rshjkhjkhjkhk098904y...@gmail.com)\n\tby ip-10-244-148-99 (Postfix) with
ESMTPA id 35E1C3A0086\n\tfor <testg4521@****.com>; Mon, 24 Feb 2014
23:10:07 +0000 (UTC)\nDate: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 15:10:07 -0800 (PST)\nFrom:
testg4521@****.com\nTo: testg4521@****.com\nMessage-ID:
<wwh5gwznxz2whlsemt49q.1393283407...@postal.comp.local>\nSubject: Hi from
Scrappy Doo\nMIME-Version: 1.0\nContent-Type: text/plain;
charset=utf-8\nContent-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit\nUser-Agent:
postal/1.11.1\n\nHow are you Uncle Scooby?",
    "async": false,
    "key": "rshjkhjkhjkhk098904YEiQ",
    "send_at": null,
    "from_name": null,
    "return_path_domain": null,
    "to": [
        "testg4521@****.com"
    ]
}
Full Response

 [
    {
        "email": "testg4521@****.com",
        "status": "invalid",
        "_id": "fcbb8fbb76124f31b88b3c4f4ae10b10",
        "reject_reason": null
    }
]

Perhaps Mandrill needs something in the body of the email to verify its a
legit sendable email. In either event its not been a smooth journey trying
out a few diff libs. I will get in touch with Mandrill ref why the email is
not delivered and try out some of the other options mentioned here. Thank
you for the feedback and tips.