Hello, all,

There were a number of questions about how to participate in Clojure's
Google Summer of Code effort in my last GSoC post, enough that I felt it
warranted its own thread.  There is a section on the wiki about getting
involved [1], but I'll make a few suggestions here.

Everyone
========

Please talk about GSoC at your Clojure user group meetings.  If you
happen to work at a university, the GSoC team has some materials
available [2] if you are interested in putting on a promotional event.

Mentors
=======

If you are interested in being a mentor, even as a secondary/backup
mentor, there are a few things you can do:

1. Sign up to be a mentor on Melange [3].  You will need to sign in with
a Google account, create a profile, and request a connection with
Clojure.

2. If you have any ideas that are not on our Project Ideas page [4],
please add them.  If you don't have write access to the wiki, feel free
to post them to this mailing list with '[GSoC Idea]', and we'll add it
for you.

3. Feel free to talk about GSoC on other project mailing lists.

4. Engage with students who express an interest in a project that might
interest you.

Students
========

The student application period will be from the 10th to 21st of March.
>From now through then, you should research your project, get know
members, and engage the community.  Posting your project ideas to this
mailing list is a great way to achieve the last two.  Remember that
having a good rapport with your mentors and the community is one of the
most important criteria for being selected as a GSoC student.

As far as project ideas go, check out the project ideas page [4], but
don't feel restricted to that.  You can do any project so long as you
can find a suitable mentor, and it both involves Clojure programming and
has a reasonable scope.

I hope this helps.  Thanks for helping out with Clojure's GSoC effort.

Sincerely,

Daniel

[1]:
http://dev.clojure.org/display/community/Google+Summer+of+Code+2014#GoogleSummerofCode2014-Gettinginvolved