I'm interested in converting javadoc to docstrings in cases like
"amazonica" where clojure code is created by reflecting on java classes.
 Unless I missed something, the status quo has us referring to the original
Javadoc via web browser.  One then needs to understand enough of the
conversion to clojure to know which argument is which and whether the
original documentation still applies.  Granted, this is usually pretty
straightforward but it still costs some time.  Also, converting javadoc to
docstrings would probably be useful for general java interop.

Anyway, before I start hacking I thought I'd ask if anyone knows of
existing work I didn't find by googling and searching clojars.  My current
understanding is that the java source would need to be processed by
`javadoc` using a doclet so that one can more easily work with the data,
cf. the following for JSON:

https://github.com/dexy/dexy-doclet

You'd probably want to do that once as an early build step and then use the
data later (leiningen plugin?).  Lastly, I recognize that I'd still want
arglist metadata for the generated clojure functions, e.g. so Emacs' eldoc
can show something useful.  There appear to be options for that case:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2237803/can-i-obtain-method-parameter-name-using-java-reflection