Thanks for the responses. I looked into google calendar but I couldn't find
anything about this feature. I agree that things can get complex and unwieldy
really quick. I am of course using emails and calendars. The problem is that
when dealing with large numbers of customers it would be nice to have a black
and white system to make clear whether or not an appointment was scheduled.
Some people forget to enter things into their calendars after reading the
emails oar enter them wrong, others think that the next appointment is
implicit, even on national holidays, because it is a weekly event. I just want
to eliminate room for error. asymmetry would be  when one person has an
appointment scheduled for a time and the other person doesn't. I thought that
was pretty clear from the context but I guess I should have explained more. I
will look more into google calendar to see if scheduling can be automatically
verified between users like I am hoping.

Cheers,

Jesse