That's correct - I defined timespan to be independent of any specific datetime,
but there's add-years, add-months, add-days, etc if you do need to move
relative to a specific date.

I do plan to add timezones as the next feature, just haven't gotten around to
it yet. For my use cases so far I haven't needed it. Generally all I care about
is how far I am from UTC, which is available via (- (now) (utc-now)).

I wasn't aware of clojure.joda-time, but I like that it favors LocalDateTime
(what I use). One motivation for making this in the first place was asking
clj-time what the date was and it being wrong for 8 hours every day :)

-Matt