Colin - you are right - I shouldn't throw out such inflammatory marks,
particularly when they do a disservice to the excellent work done in
Cursive Clojure, Lighttable and Counter Clockwise (and others that I am not
aware off).

For me personally, after years of using Eclipse then IntelliJ and (to a
much lesser degree) Sublime I am forcing my team to use emacs.  And yes,
forcing is the word as they are utterly sold on sublime and really don't
like me much at the moment :).

It is the classical short term/long term win, and emacs is worth the
investment for us.  But it absolutely is an investment.

Disclaimer - I haven't looked at any of the other editors for months if not
years.