As Richard said most places that run Java, will run your Clojure.  Google
App Engine and Engine Yard appear to take a WAR file.

lein ring uberwar (in your project dir)

While heroku pushes your code to the "server" and then does its magic.

git push <git of project_name>

If you run on your own servers most people do one of two things (from what
I see):

1. They are familiar with Java app servers and so they use a WAR file
2. They do not have a dependecy on java servers and they create an uberjar,
fronted by another server.

In the case of #2:

lein ring uberjar (in your project dir)

You then push up the uberjar to your server and put a proxy in front of it
such as nginx.  This is what I do on digital ocean VPS for more trivial
apps.