> There's really no "only" way to do anything in Clojure, since you can
> always drop down to Java interop. So anything that's available to Java is
> available to Clojure, too. Not all the options have a nice Seesaw-like
> wrapper over it of course, but they're generally still quite usable. I do a
> reasonable amount of Swing work without Seesaw, mostly because it takes a
> while to start up, but Seesaw has a lovely API if that's not such an issue
> for you. Swing is generally a fine option, if you look at IntelliJ you'll
> see it's possible to make it quite pretty and functional, although it's a
> lot of work to get to that stage.
>
> Other options are QTJambi or SWT - I don't know anything about Pivot and
> the demos didn't work for me either in Firefox or Safari but it looks like
> that might be an option too. JavaFX may also be an option, although I don't
> know much about it. Or you can go for more esoteric options like embedding
> Chromium in a native app wrapper and use ClojureScript, which is what
> LightTable and other projects do.
>
> It really depends on your requirements, but the above are all viable
> options.

​Well, I am a newbie with GUI, so best to start with seesaw if there is no
real reason not to use Swing I think then. (I do not remember why Swing was
discouraged.) I have to look into the start-up time. I did not know about
that.

By the way: as I understood it JavaFX is only an option if you only develop
for Windows.

--
Cecil Westerhof