That's interesting. I haven't learned about reductions yet—I'll check it
out.

If you consider the following,

  (defn dot-product [v1 v2] (reduce + (map * v1 v2)))

perhaps dot-product would be considered a noun, while since the reduce it
is defined in terms of speaks of *how* instead of *what,* is better though
of as a verb.

I find the concept of the elimination of time interesting.

The expression (reduce + (map * [1 2 3] [5 0 1])) brings to mind a tiny
machine, while (dot-product [1 2 3] [5 0 1]) feels like a *thing*. But,
they both are simply the thing: 8 and perhaps both could be evaluated at
compile time, eliminating the time-based machine that mentally cranks away
while reduce and map “run.”