this code (and the related create) is unusual:

(defn reset []
  "Reset: clear and initialize all memories"
  (def =AMEM= (object-array @ACNT))
  (def =BMEM= (object-array =BCNT=))
  (def =FMEM= (create-fmem =TEMPL=))
  (def =FMMB= (create-fmem =TEMPL=))
  (def =FIDS= (HashMap.))
  (def CFSET (atom nil))
  (def FCNT (atom 0)))

It implies that you can only have one set of rules/engine in any usage of the
library. Even if you plan to use mutable data - this seems to create additional
restrictions. Why not put all of these into a map and pass that around as the
ruleset/engine state?