On 5/20/14, 3:33 PM, Thomas Steffes wrote:
Hey folks,

At Room Key we're using Apache Zookeeper and a home-grown clojure library called drcfg for real-time application configuration management. We're debating open-sourcing drcfg and are trying to gauge community interest in such a tool.

We think it's got great usage semantics, basically you just def an atom in any namespace where you'd like a variable that can be changed in real-time on a running system. When you define the atom, you can also provide defaults to fall back to if zookeeper is unavailable, a validator to be run on any value when a change is attempted (to prevent invalid configuration data), as well as some meta-data about the variable.

We've also got a web UI we use to change configuration data, but that would likely be released separate of drcfg itself.

If anyone's interested, could you reply to this post? I can provide more information as well if need be.

-Thomas Steffes @ Room Key

Hi Thomas,
I'd be interested in learning more about your solution. Have you ever ran into the case where a config change needs to restart a component? If so, have you written the logic that handles the updating of your entire system based on this change? e.g. a new DB config requires that your DB component be restarted and each component that relies on the DB component be restarted as well to get the new connection.

Thanks,
Ben

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Clojure" group.