How about format which can represent either graph or structure, depending
on users needs? I would argue that EDN is more suitable for linked data
than JSON is. Its support for identifiers and tagged elements allows for
pretty straightforward serialization of linked data.
See https://gist.github.com/wagjo/d6419a289a64c503010c for one possible
approach.

Jozef