Hey All,

I'm excited to announce that the Clojure/conj call for proposals opened
today!

Details are below. Feel free to email me or Alex Miller at
eve...@cognitect.com if you have any questions.

Thanks! Lynn from Cognitect

Speak at the Conj!

Clojure/conj 2014 is a single track, three day conference featuring the
Clojure programming language held from November 20-22, 2014 in Washington
D.C. at the Warner Theater <http://warnertheatredc.com/>.

https://cognitect.wufoo.com/forms/clojureconj-2014-call-for-presentations/

Clojure/conj Call for Presentations

   -

   Call for Proposals opens: June 16, 2014
   -

   Call for Proposals ends: August 1, 2014
   -

   Speakers notified by: August 18, 2014
   -

   Conference dates: November 20-22, 2014

Admission and travel

All speakers receive the following benefits:

   -

   Free admission to Clojure/conj
   -

   Up to 4 nights in the conference hotel
   -

   US airfare or $550 travel stipend for international speakers

Sessions

Sessions are 50 minutes long and take place from November 20-22, 2014.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to propose lightning talks and
Unsession topics in October, 2014 (exact date TBD).

Talks generally break down into three main categories: Idea Talks, Tool
Talks and Experience Talks.

In the past we have picked talks along these lines:

   -

   Clojure in the Real World - Case Studies
   -

   Clojure in Education, Science, Health care, etc.
   -

   ClojureScript, Datomic
   -

   Applications of Clojure libraries
   -

   New ideas in Clojure

Previous conference talks can be found at Youtube channel, ClojureTV
<https://www.youtube.com/user/ClojureTV>

We’d also be more than happy to chat about your idea beforehand via
eve...@cognitect.com. Our Google Hangouts sessions are also a great way to
discuss topics.

Diversity

We are making a special effort to contact and solicit a more diverse set of
speakers - anything you can do to distribute information about this CFP and
encourage submissions from under-represented groups would be greatly
appreciated. We welcome your contributions and encourage you to apply!!

Google Hangouts

We’ll be hosting two different Google Hangouts sessions to discuss topics.
We’ll also tweet out links from the @clojure_conj Twitter account when
we’re about to get started.

July 17, 10:00-10:30 AM Eastern

July 25, 3:00-3:30 PM Eastern

Clojure/conj is organized by the folks at Cognitect, Inc.
<http://cognitect.com/>

Contact eve...@cognitect.com if you have any questions or you want to
bounce around some ideas.