A little more data:

I can reproduce the same thing on Ubuntu 12.04.3 LInux running OpenJDK
1.6.0_31, so there is nothing OS or JVM-specific about this that I can tell.

Also, it happens with the following being the complete contents of my
~/.lein/profiles.clj file:

    {:user {:plugins [[co.paralleluniverse/pulsar "0.5.0"]]}}

The common denominator seems to be a dependence on data.priority-map, even
if only indirectly.  core.cache and core.typed both depend on it, and I am
sure there are other projects that depend on it directly or indirectly, too.

Andy