Pierre:

The link to the page "Where did Clojure.Contrib Go" on the page where you
noted that clojure.contrib is deprecated gives the names of current
"modular" contrib libraries that contain most or all of what *some* older
clojure.contrib libraries contained.

Unfortunately clojure.contrib.seq has no corresponding current library
listed on that page, and I am not aware of any other place that
functionality may have been copied to.

CrossClj [1] might make it possible to find a more modern library where the
function positions was copied to that you could use (enter positions in the
search box at the upper right of the page).  However, I suspect that method
will quickly reach a point of diminishing returns if all you want is that
one function -- copying it into your code isn't a bad idea.

[1] http://crossclj.info

Andy