> (name :foo)
>
> will return the name as a string
>
> (symbol (name :foo))
>
> Converts the name of the keyword to a symbol

​It is not even necessary. I changed to keywords. The code uses:
    `(You see a ~obj on the floor.)

And it is displayed as:
You see a whiskey on the floor.
You see a bucket on the floor.

Maybe it does not work in all cases: so I need to do some testing.
​Let change the rest also to keywords.​

--
Cecil Westerhof