Well, it's sort of official now, see:
http://devnet.jetbrains.com/thread/450673. Basically JetBrains are now only
accepting pull requests and making minimal changes to keep the current
version of La Clojure working with new IntelliJ versions - there's no
active development going on (not that it has ever been very active since
2009 or so). Unfortunately that information is buried in their forum, so
it's not widely known.

I also have an issue due to the fact that I use my own repository to
distribute Cursive - anyone opening a Clojure file in IntelliJ without one
of the plugins installed will be prompted to install La Clojure, but not
Cursive. I need to use JetBrains' repo to fix that, but I only recently
discovered how to support multiple IntelliJ versions there. I'll make that
change soon.