I'll also mention that when I used to do C# and SQL I often found myself
often resorting to stored procs for high performance queries. Depending on
your SQL DB, you can often put quite a bit of conditional logic into the
queries, as long as that logic isn't executed row-by-row. Depending on how
advanced the query optimizer is you could often work with it to get good
performance with minimal hassle. But that was on MSSQL, so your milage may
vary.

Timothy

--
“One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that–lacking
zero–they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C