> Wrt the CSRF issue, I'll try running again without it.

Out of curiosity, sure - but if you've already gone to the effort of
setting up the CSRF I'd leave it in (better to have it) :-)

> Now, a port changed fixed the issue for me. But before I passed in a
> *chsk-url-fn*, I was still getting a 404, even when trying with a browser
> (ie, using the correct port).

Not sure about that, may be that something in your setup is tripping up the
default `chsk-url-fn`. Would appreciate a GitHub issue on it and I'll take
a closer look - may be a bug.

That 404 went away when I included the CSRF middleware. I still had to pass
> in a custom *chsk-url-fn*, but I could use it through the browser, for
> example.

My guess is that the 404 is going away because you're passing in a custom
`chsk-url-fn`, not because of the CSRF middleware. I.e. it's a broken chsk
url that's causing the 404, not anything to do with the CSRF.

And I'm just grokking the false `*websocket?`* allowance now. Ie, an https
> ajax connection would give me a sente URL of "*wws://172.28.128.5:8090/chsk
> <http://172.28.128.5:8090/chsk>*". Is that right? What about plain http?

The `chsk-url-fn` will be called with:
1. The path as given to the client-side `make-channel-socket!` fn (usu.
"/chsk").
2. A window location map of the current page.
3. A bool indicating whether Sente is requesting a WebSocket (true) or Ajax
(false) connection.

>From these, your fn will need to produce an URL that matches your
server-side channel socket route.

For WebSocket connections you'll want the URL to start with "ws://"
(insecure) or "wss://" (secure).
For Ajax connections you'll want the URL to start with "http://"; (insecure)
or "https://"; (secure).

I wouldn't stress too much about that though - let's start with a GitHub
issue since it's quite possible I can mod the default fn to cover your
use-case automatically. Ideally you shouldn't need to fiddle with any of
this :-)

Cheers!