Phil,

I've used scp uploads in the past. They're much easier when e.g. you wanna
upload a java library you've forked. Without scp uploads (or an easy
copy/paste curl alternative), you have to go through getting the project to
build with lein by itself. It's not *too* difficult to get a maven based
project uploaded to clojars
(https://github.com/ato/clojars-web/wiki/Pushing has an easy to follow
section), but getting ant or other projects up there is painful.

Other than that, I've happily converted over to `lein deploy` for my
lein-based projects.

Tom