James Reeves <ja...@booleanknot.com> writes:

> Sure, laziness feels like a subset of UAP.
>

> Regardless, we have a nice example in Clojure, where we not
>> distinguishing between data and computation allows us to do something
>> nice.
>>

> Yes... I agree it allows us to do something, but let's agree to disagree on
> whether that something is "nice" :)

Laziness? In my experience it is not nearly as useful as it is suggested
to be, but it does seem to be pushed as a feature of clojure.

> All of this discussion has made me think I should revist the issue. I
>> could put my own Map implementation on my vars as metadata, and have
>> this map work lazily, so that the calculation of the :doc metadata
>> happens through computation.
>>
>> That would be evil.
>>

> It would... but if you're set on this path of evilness, you might want to
> look at def-map-type in https://github.com/ztellman/potemkin

That's useful indeed. One of the things putting me off my evil plan was
the prospect of implementing a clojure data structure in clojure; I know
what a pain that is. This might help to circumvent all of that.

Phil