On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Geoff Caplan <ghcap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm pretty fluent in bash but have never had a need for the Windoze shell
> except for the odd ping and .bat file, and I'd got into the habit of
> running .bats by double-clicking. But there does seem to be a lack of focus
> and coordination on the Windows issue, and it seems unwise to assume that
> all Windows users are going to have the skills to work around broken
> scripts.

Earlier in the year I had somewhat the opposite problem. I'm very fluent
with Windows 7 command line use, so I use the free TCC/LE cmd replacement
[1]. However, lein.bat v2.3.4 broke when used from TCC/LE [2][3].

As it is presumably more likely that advanced Windows users would be
interested in trying something like Clojure, they also might know it's
better to use TCC/LE than the built-in cmd. As such any incompatibility
between lein.bat and TCC/LE should be noted somewhere along with the
probable fix mentioned in [3].

I don't know if this is no longer an issue with lein.bat because I've since
switched over to trying F# and haven't been playing with Clojure (or
leiningen or Emacs/Cider or IntelliJ/Cursive or Light Table).

[1] http://jpsoft.com/tccle-cmd-replacement.html

[2]
http://jpsoft.com/forums/threads/leiningen-broken-with-tcc-but-ok-with-cmd.4734/

[3] https://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/issues/696